An Emergency Action Plan (EAP) is a plan of designated actions by employers, employees, and
other building occupants to ensure their safety in the event of a fire and other emergencies. Local
fire and life safety enforced codes require that the plan includes, at a minimum, the following
topics: procedures for the reporting of emergencies; occupant and staff response to emergencies;
, relocation, and shelter-in-place procedures appropriate for the building, its
occupancy, emergencies, and hazards, etc.
The EAP service usually involves the following activities:
- Identification of the existing emergency action plan information, if any, or gathering of
information for the development of a new plan.
- Consideration of the different types of emergencies that could happen in the facility.
- Preparation of EAP and the design of fire drills.
- Provision of training for employees and managers in the execution of the EAP and fire
- Execution of fire drills and/or simulation with table-top exercises.
EFRC has considerable experience in the design and execution of emergency plans for a variety
of clients in the UAE.